11 April . 2018
Get your shopping on with 6 unique local artisans
When it comes to unique shopping, Frisco is filled with homegrown artisans and boutiques offering one-of-a-kind home furnishings, accessories, clothing and DIY experiences.
Hollyhock will showcase 6 of Frisco’s unique local shopping and DIY treasures at the “Get Your Frisco On” festival on Saturday, April 21, from 12 noon to 4 p.m. Free and open to the public, this family-friendly festival will also offer light bites, desserts and drinks from 8 Frisco eateries, along with live music, lawn games, prizes and much more.
Here’s a quick look at the Frisco shops that will be showing their creative flair at Hollyhock. All shops will offer curated selections of merchandise for sale, and visitors can register to win a gift certificate from each store, valued at approximately $250.
- Boxcar House pays homage to Frisco’s rich history as a railroad town, with the first rail line in the area dating back to 1848. Boxcar House creates furniture from reclaimed boxcar wood, with no two pieces the same. With something for every budget, they offer handmade dining tables, desks, shelving, wall décor, lamps, serveware and more.
- Named after the owner’s childhood treehouse, Brookielynn’s Bungalow is a playland for grownups, offering all things DIY and crafty. They specialize in eight-foot-long, wood cutouts of words such as “Family”, “Gather” or anything you can imagine. They make perfect focal points for the home. The custom Build A Bunting Bar in their downtown Frisco studio invites you to create a custom message. They also offer online workshops, parties and all kinds of DIY supplies, including a rainbow of glitters.
- Sew Fun Studios shows how creative, fun and cool sewing can be. Along with skills, they teach design principles, celebrating sewing as a contemporary, relevant and creative activity for kids of all ages. They offer classes, workshops, camps and home parties.
- Located in a quaint bungalow on Frisco’s Main Street, Sunny Paige Frisco offers clothing, gifts, home décor, jewelry, shoes and more. Some of their most popular items include candles, pillows and handmade accents that celebrate the seasons. Wearable offerings include dresses, jumpsuits, outerwear and pajamas.
- Texas Legends, an affiliate of the Dallas Mavericks, will showcase basketball merchandise and other high-adrenaline attractions. The Legends are one of five pro and semi-pro sports teams based in Frisco, adding an exciting energy to the city’s diverse entertainment options.
- Tumbleweed TexStyles will bring its unique brand of Texas-inspired clothing and housewares to “Get Your Frisco On”. Custom designed T-shirts are their specialty, and they also offer drinkware, Koozies and Texas-centric artwork for the home. The owners’ roots lie within education, and they donate a percentage of each sale to the Frisco Education Foundation, which provides scholarship opportunities for graduating high school seniors.
Learn more about “Get Your Frisco On”, and be sure to join the fun at Hollyhock on April 21!
Previous PostFrisco Finds: Boxcar House
Older PostTexas Legends and Drees team up for high-energy pop-up at Hollyhock
Want More Information?
- 2019 (32)
- 2018 (72)
- 2017 (41)
- 2016 (35)