16 April . 2018
Meet the Reeds - A Hollyhock Founding Family
Meet the Reeds: “Moving to Hollyhock was our best decision yet”
Meet the Reed family, who recently found their new home in Hollyhock after living in Frisco for 10 years. Here are some highlights of our interview with Michelle Reed, who calls her family’s move to Hollyhock “our best decision yet.”
- Why did your family choose Hollyhock?
- We needed to downsize our home and one of the builders met our needs, but the icing on the cake was the amenities. Beautifully landscaped common areas, an amenity center with a fitness area, and a swimming pool that’s open year-round. Our two nieces love the playgrounds. With its beautiful fountain and picnic seating, Fields Park is a great place where we enjoy lunch breaks during busy days working from home. It’s been great to live in Hollyhock. Moving here was our best decision yet!
- Since moving into Hollyhock, what has become your favorite thing about the community?
- Our neighbors and the HOA. Both have made Hollyhock a home where we can really relax and enjoy living. We’ve bragged about Hollyhock to our friends and family who come and visit. They comment on how lovely the neighborhood is when they drive through.
- Do you attend lifestyle events? If so, what has been the most memorable and why?
- We started enjoying the events while our house was being built. Hollyhock really has accomplished creating a sense of community, and they do this every time a lifestyle event is scheduled. There is something for everybody. Our most memorable event was “I Art Hollyhock.” It was a great partnership between Hollyhock and Frisco Association for the Arts, of which we are huge supporters. It was so much fun. We brought our 6-year-old niece to play the games, enjoy the live music, and eat some fantastic food from local food truck vendors.
- What are some of your favorite Frisco restaurants?
- The Cotton Patch Café, Jinbeh for sushi, Randy’s Steakhouse, Babe’s, City Works at The Star, and Frisco Star Café. There are so many to choose from, we can’t name them all.
- What piece of advice would you give to a family moving to Frisco from a different area or state?
- First we would say, “Welcome to Texas, Frisco and the DFW area!” There are so many things to do here. There’s a local drive-in theater, ice-skating, indoor skydiving, pro and semi-pro sports teams, amazing concerts, and so much more. We are very fortunate to live in a diverse and entertaining area like Frisco. Hollyhock adds to the local happenings too, right in your own backyard.
- What are you looking forward to this year at Hollyhock?
- Meeting new neighbors and continuing to participate in the activities that Hollyhock has to offer. Enjoying the playground with our nieces and granddaughter, who should be old enough to play on the toddler playground and splash park soon. We can’t wait for the other phase of Hollyhock to be completed, so we can truly appreciate the more than four miles of walking trails that are planned.
Take it from Michelle Reed, and learn more about the events and activities that make Hollyhock such a special place to call home.
Want More Information?
- 2021 (8)
- 2020 (21)
- 2019 (42)
- 2018 (61)
- 2017 (33)
- 2016 (33)