18 May . 2018
Frisco Finds: The Foodie List
Frisco’s thriving downtown and other Frisco neighborhoods are filled with one-of-a-kind restaurants, cafes, pubs and bakeries. Here are eight of our handpicked favorites that we selected for Hollyhock’s first-ever “Get Your Frisco On” festival. You can enjoy these tasty Frisco finds year ‘round!
- Eight | 11 Place is a locally owned wine bar and kitchen located in historic downtown Frisco. Locals call it the perfect place to enjoy a great glass of wine or a craft beer, along with “food that warms the soul.” Located in a historic restored bungalow, Eight 11 Place has a homey feel, maybe because it’s owned by two Frisco families. The shady patio is one of the region’s most popular live music venues.
- Crudo Taverna offers a cozy bistro setting with an Italian flair, with a décor that combines industrial chic and upscale polish. This family owned bistro specializes in signature pizzas from a wood-fired oven, and they also have a full menu filled with organic, locally sourced ingredients. Their popular Happy Hours feature artisan cocktails plus a wide selection of wines and beers. Live music includes Jazz Night, Cover Night and a Taste of Europe.
- Crush Taco dishes up a wide variety of gourmet tacos like Slow Cooked Brisket, Baja Fish and Buffalo Chicken, along with creative sides like Chorizo Fries and Street Corn. They also offer specialty margaritas, local craft beers and Mexican sodas. The founder, Chef Mo Assi, builds on his long background at two upscale steakhouses to break out with some of the edgiest, most delicious tacos in Texas.
- 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House offers traditional Texas BBQ and other Southern classics, prepared with unique chef-driven twists. Favorites include Prime Brisket, Baby Back Ribs and Shrimp & Grits. Creative sides include Cilantro Slaw, Buttermilk Ranch Potato Salad and Buttermilk & Bacon Hushpuppies. Save room for desserts such as Warm Doughnut & Maple Bread Pudding. On tap, they have a wide selection of Texas craft beers.
- Frisco Desserts is near the top of Yelp’s list of The Best 10 Desserts in Frisco. They specialize in cake balls and cake pops, in decadent and delicious flavors like red velvet, chocolate raspberry and cookies & cream. Other favorites include Mini Bundts and Pretzel Rods. Everything, of course, it either dipped in icing or has a generous dollop on top.
- Kolache Heaven lives up to its motto of “truly a little taste of heaven on Earth,” with its famous circular tarts of double-risen dough filled with sweet sauces, fruit or cheese. They also make their own incredibly tasty pies, sausage rolls, cookies, cupcakes and other favorites.
- The British Lion Pub, like any great English pub, serves a wide variety of special cocktails, plus a large selection imported and domestic pints. Blending authentic British foods with Texas classics, this pub is a short walk from downtown Frisco’s Toyota Stadium, and it’s a popular watching spot for World Wide Football matches. The upstairs Churchill Room lounge is reserved for VIP members.
- The Green Gator describes itself as “the most Frisco friendly place around.” The menu focuses on traditional Cajun and Creole food, with creative cocktails like the Drunken Gator and the Cajun Mule. Located within walking distance of Toyota Stadium, it’s a popular spot for live music and game watching parties, especially out on the shady patio.
Explore more of Frisco with our interactive Area Map.
Previous PostMeet the Residents: The Carrasco Family
Older PostHighland, David Weekley win top builder honors from Dallas Builders Association
Want More Information?
- 2019 (9)
- 2018 (72)
- 2017 (41)
- 2016 (35)